TSS Earnslaw New Year's Eve Cruise 2013
Tue, 31st Dec 2013 - Wed, 1st Jan 2014
TSS Earnslaw New Year’s Eve Cruise 2013
Grab your glad rags and celebrate in 1920s style this New Year’s Eve on board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw in Queenstown.
Cruise Lake Wakatipu’s Frankton Arm and get your jitterbug on with the Les Richardson Jazz Band. Returning to Queenstown Bay in time for the midnight fireworks, with the TSS Earnslaw offering one of the best views in town!
- 1920s Black & White “Gangster” theme
- 31 December 2013: departs Steamer Wharf, central Queenstown at 10:30pm
- Ticket price includes glass of bubbles or beer on arrival and light nibbles throughout the evening
- Cruise duration: 1.5 hours
- The TSS Earnslaw Vintage Steamship is fully licensed with food available for purchase.
About the TSS Earnslaw
The TSS Earnslaw is an integral part of Queenstown’s pioneering history and to this day a Queenstown icon. She was commissioned by New Zealand Railways to service the communities around Lake Wakatipu. Launched in the same year as the Titanic, the TSS Earnslaw’s maiden voyage was on 18 October 1912.
The TSS Earnslaw has featured in several movies including a cameo in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as an Amazon River Boat. Parts of the trawler SS Venture in Peter Jackson’s King Kong were inspired by the TSS Earnslaw.