Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- Named Oceania's Best Golf Hotel and Best Golf Hotel in New Zealand at Inaugural World Golf Awards 2014
- The 'Ski Barn' at Millbrook's Taramea Square awarded Show home of the Year at NZ Master Builders House of the Year Awards 2014
- Awarded Qualmark Enviro Gold status with Qualmark New Zealand 2014
- Voted 'New Zealand’s Leading Spa Resort’ at the World Travel Awards in 2012, 2013 & 2014
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in August 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand by leading website Wotif.com in 2014
- Voted as ‘Stellar Stay’ in Australia and New Zealand by leading travel website HotelsCombined in 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards in 2013 and 2014
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Fri, 21st Nov 2014
Award-winning Millbrook Resort has hit yet another hole-in-one beating off stiff competition to take out the title of Oceania’s Best Golf Hotel and Best Golf Hotel in New Zealand at the inaugural World Golf Awards held in Portugal last weekend...more
Fri, 17th Oct 2014
The luxurious spa at Queenstown’s five-star Millbrook Resort has been named the best of the best, taking out the coveted title of ‘New Zealand’s Leading Spa Resort’ at the World Travel Awards.
Known the world over as one of the...more
Wed, 6th Aug 2014
Millbrook Resort’s award-winning restaurant The Millhouse has received the prestigious Wine Award for Excellence by US Magazine Wine Spectator for the third year running.
Only a handful of restaurants in New Zealand have received the accolade in the influential magazine’s...more
Fri, 27th Jun 2014
Queenstown’s Millbrook Resort continues to ride the wave of awards success notching up another best hotel in New Zealand title, this time from the world’s leading travel website Wotif.com.
Wotif analysed more than 180,000 New Zealand customer reviews to find...more