Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- Named Oceania's Best Golf Hotel and Best Golf Hotel in New Zealand at Inaugural World Golf Awards 2014
- The 'Ski Barn' at Millbrook's Taramea Square awarded Show home of the Year at NZ Master Builders House of the Year Awards 2014
- Awarded Qualmark Enviro Gold status with Qualmark New Zealand 2014
- Voted 'New Zealand’s Leading Spa Resort’ at the World Travel Awards in 2014
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in August 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand by leading website Wotif.com in 2014
- Voted as ‘Stellar Stay’ in Australia and New Zealand by leading travel website HotelsCombined in 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards in 2013 and 2014
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in June 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Millbrook named Australasia's Best Golf Resort for third year running
Thu, 18th Oct 2012
Queenstown’s five-star Millbrook Resort has once again been named as New Zealand and Australasia’s leading golf resort at an awards ceremony hailed as ‘the Oscars of the travel industry’.
The multi-award-winning resort has picked up many accolades over the last 12 months and this is the third year the five-star golf and lifestyle resort has won the title of Leading Golf Resort in Australasia at the 2012 World Travel Awards ceremony held in Singapore yesterday (18th October 2012).
After months of intense voting by industry organisations, past guests and industry experts, nominees across all divisions were whittled down to an elite few, including the Palazzo Versace Gold Coast, Hyatt Regency Guam, Four Seasons Hotel Sydney and the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong.
Millbrook Director of Golf, Brian Spicer, said receiving the award for the third year running was “an absolute privilege” and was testimony to the continued investment and hard work of the Millbrook owners and team over the last five years to ensure the resort retained its status as a world-class golfing and leisure destination.
Mr Spicer went on to say that the key developments at the resort over the last 12 months have been the refurbishment of the Cottages accommodation, the enhancement of The Spa at Millbrook’s product and treatment menu and more recently the complete restoration of the greens on the Remarkables Nine course.
“We are continuously looking at what we can offer our guests to ensure we meet and exceed their high expectations every time. This award reflects our dedication and investment in offering a world-class resort for all and it is important as we look to the future of Millbrook and our property development plan for the next ten years.”
He added: “People come from all around the world to stay and play at Millbrook and never cease to be amazed by the sheer beauty of the course, surrounded by the mountain ranges of The Remarkables and Coronet Peak and the dramatic terrain that challenges all levels of players.”
Millbrook’s new Stay and Play golfing packages, which were launched only a few weeks ago, and are aimed at promoting the world-class golf courses in the Wakatipu region are another key new development for the resort. Combining a stay at Millbrook with five of the region’s best courses, such as The Hills and Jacks Point, the new packages once again position Millbrook as one of the world’s leading golf and lifestyle resorts.
Mr Spicer said as well as offering some of the very best golfing in New Zealand, guests also came to the resort to experience Millbrook’s multi-award-winning luxury accommodation, award-winning day spa and range of restaurants. Millbrook also boasts dedicated conference and event venues and has various freehold property options for sale across the resort.
1/ Millbrook Resort’s luxurious villa accommodation surrounded by snowy mountains.
2/ The historic Millhouse fine dining restaurant located on the stunning Mill Pond.
For further media information please contact:
Brian Spicer, Director of Golf
+64 3 441 7000 ext 7407
About the World Travel Awards 2012
World Travel Awards (WTA) was established in 1993 to seek out and reward the very best travel organisations in the world – those brands pushing the boundaries of excellence and implementing ground-breaking ideas.
WTA has developed into the most prestigious and comprehensive awards programme in travel and tourism, and is recognised worldwide as the hallmark of industry excellence.
The Wall Street Journal is among the media to have heralded WTA as “the Oscar’s of the travel industry”.
More about Millbrook
Millbrook was voted the Best Golf Resort in Australasia at the World Travel Awards in 2010, 2011 and 2012 and the Best Resort in New Zealand for 2011 and 2012.
Set in a natural, alpine amphitheatre against a backdrop of snow-capped mountain ranges on the outskirts of world-renowned tourism destination Queenstown, Millbrook was formerly a wheat farm with a 150-year history. It’s retained many heritage features including the original Millhouse, rustic buildings and a majestic avenue of trees.
Millbrook, which celebrates its 20th Birthday next year, is a multi award-winning resort that features five-star accommodation, world class dining, the Spa at Millbrook (ranked among the Top Ten in the World), a health and fitness centre, a championship 27-hole golf course, covered driving range, swimming pool, outdoor spa pools, tennis courts and kilometres of biking and walking trails.
Nearby you can enjoy the gold rush era village of Arrowtown with its many restaurants, museums and shops. Queenstown’s attractions include a wide range of activities, wineries, easy access to five ski areas, great nightlife and award-winning restaurants and bars.