Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in Australasia at the World Travel Awards in 2010, 2011 and 2012
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in June 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Thu, 18th Dec 2008
Queenstown’s five-star Millbrook resort has been named among the world’s best golf resorts in a prestigious Australian travel magazine.
Luxury Travel and Style magazine has placed Millbrook 3rd in its list of best overseas golf resorts, behind the likes of...more
Wed, 10th Dec 2008
Queenstown’s five-star Millbrook resort has been named among the top 25 hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific for the fourth time.
Placing 12th in the 2008 Travel & Leisure magazine ‘World’s Best’ reader poll, Millbrook is one...more
Millbrook has just been named among the world’s best golf resorts in a prestigious Australian travel magazine Luxury Travel and Style.
Millbrook placed 4th in the magazine’s list of best overseas golf resorts, behind the likes of Scotland’s legendary St...more
Millbrook has received the official Qualmark™ report confirming the resort’s five-star hotel rating.
Qualmark, New Zealand tourism’s official quality mark, rated Millbrook as exceptional’ in its star rating system and praised the resort highly, with specific reference to appearance, physical...more