Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in August 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand by leading website Wotif.com in 2014
- Voted as ‘Stellar Stay’ in Australia and New Zealand by leading travel website HotelsCombined in 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards in 2013 and 2014
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in June 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
International acclaim for Millbrook
Millbrook has just been named among the world’s best golf resorts in a prestigious Australian travel magazine Luxury Travel and Style.
Millbrook placed 4th in the magazine’s list of best overseas golf resorts, behind the likes of Scotland’s legendary St Andrews course, Pebble Beach in California and the Banyan Tree in Phuket, Thailand.
In the fourth year of the annual results, the magazine says its Gold List 2008 – asking its discerning, travel-loving readers to vote on their favourite destinations – is the most comprehensive luxury travel survey ever undertaken by an Australian magazine.
Tens of thousands of magazine subscribers and clients of Virtuoso, the world’s most exclusive travel agents, completed the survey.
In July last year, the Queenstown resort was named for the third year among the top 25 hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, one of only four New Zealand properties to make the list in the prestigious Travel & Leisure annual World’s Best reader’s poll.
In late November, Millbrook was also official hotel for the hugely successful Michael Hill New Zealand Golf Open.
Long regarded as one of New Zealand’s top golf courses, the 18-hole Sir Bob Charles-designed championship course at Millbrook resort has been on the receiving end of an extensive upgrade and modification programme.
‘Strategic bunkering’ is now the name of the game at the five-star resort, where the introduction of twenty-eight new bunkers, the remodelling of another seventeen and the removal of sixteen existing traps (all in the opening 14 holes) have made life just that little more interesting for players.
The bunker upgrades are stage one of a million dollar golf course modification and come off the back of significant recent resort investment including a $10 million villa interiors refurbishment, the refurbishment of the popular Hole In One Cafe, the establishment of a new world class driving range facility, and work starting on a half billion dollar, 200-plus home housing development and additional nine-hole golf course.