Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- Named Oceania's Best Golf Hotel and Best Golf Hotel in New Zealand at Inaugural World Golf Awards 2014
- The 'Ski Barn' at Millbrook's Taramea Square awarded Show home of the Year at NZ Master Builders House of the Year Awards 2014
- Awarded Qualmark Enviro Gold status with Qualmark New Zealand 2014
- Voted 'New Zealand’s Leading Spa Resort’ at the World Travel Awards in 2014
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in August 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand by leading website Wotif.com in 2014
- Voted as ‘Stellar Stay’ in Australia and New Zealand by leading travel website HotelsCombined in 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards in 2013 and 2014
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in June 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Millbrook Awarded Coveted Qualmark Five-Stars
Millbrook has received the official Qualmark™ report confirming the resort’s five-star hotel rating.
Qualmark, New Zealand tourism’s official quality mark, rated Millbrook as exceptional’ in its star rating system and praised the resort highly, with specific reference to appearance, physical beauty and cleanliness.
Awarded the top ranking for its ‘strong focus on customer service and continual improvement’ and the emphasis placed on team training, Millbrook also earned high praise for an ‘excellent range of recreational equipment’.
Karen Henry, Resort Services Manager said she was overwhelmed with the Qualmark accreditation and delighted to note that Millbrook’s housekeeping team was singled out for special praise.
“The quality of the facilities, from the Bob Charles designed golf course to the world class spa, is indisputable,” said the report.
“Just two other establishments in the South Island have the five-star hotel rating. It’s incredibly rewarding for the team to know that all the things we passionately believe about Millbrook actually do translate into reality and are experienced by those who visit.
“In this fiercely competitive market having five stars beside our name really sets us apart and gives Millbrook the vital edge it deserves.”
“The report said our Executive Housekeeper and her team have excellent procedures in place and ensure cleanliness to every part of this expansive property. The Assessors commented on how impressed she was by the strong sense of pride the entire team have in the resort.”
Millbrook was also singled out for maximising its physical and historical environment.
“This really gives us something to build on,” she said.
To gain the Qualmark, Millbrook underwent an onsite assessment that includes more than 400 quality checks. The assessment criteria look at areas such as cleanliness, safety, facilities, customer service, business operations and more.
“The Qualmark silver fern signifies to domestic and international travellers that Millbrook is a professional and trustworthy establishment, which can be relied on to deliver an experience that will exceed expectations,” said Ms Henry.
Qualmark is a joint venture between Tourism New Zealand and New Zealand Automobile Association, and is backed by the New Zealand Tourism Industry Association and other leading industry organisations.