Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- Voted 'New Zealand’s Leading Spa Resort’ at the World Travel Awards in 2014
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in August 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand by leading website Wotif.com in 2014
- Voted as ‘Stellar Stay’ in Australia and New Zealand by leading travel website HotelsCombined in 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards in 2013 and 2014
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in June 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Millbrook Continues to Win World-Class Recognition
Wed, 10th Dec 2008
Queenstown’s five-star Millbrook resort has been named among the top 25 hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific for the fourth time.
Placing 12th in the 2008 Travel & Leisure magazine ‘World’s Best’ reader poll, Millbrook is one of only seven New Zealand properties to make the top 25 hotels list for the Asia Pacific region.
The magazine’s 13th annual poll, published online at www.travelandleisure.com/worldsbest, features readers’ favourite hotels, spas, airlines, cruise lines, outfitters, cities and islands around the globe.
"What makes this accolade even more meaningful is that it was voted for by discerning travellers who read the magazine. We’re certainly celebrating and thanking our team whose hard work and dedication to exceptional hospitality played a huge role in gaining Travel & Leisure’s recognition." said General Manager David Onions.
The resort also secured a place in the top 25 in 2004, 2006 and 2007, and was named one of the top 500 hotels of the world in 2005 and 2009.
Set in a natural alpine amphitheatre on 500 acres, Millbrook features a championship golf course in an inspiring and invigorating location, a history of tradition that spans 150 years, luxury accommodation, exceptional dining options and The Spa at Millbrook with leading edge treatments.
For further media inquiries or images please contact:
Mr Kim Carpenter - Director of Sales and Marketing
+64 3 441 7000 extension 7502 or email email@example.com