Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in Australasia at the World Travel Awards in 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011 and 2012
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in June 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Millbrook Voted Among Best Overseas Golf Resorts
Thu, 18th Dec 2008
Queenstown’s five-star Millbrook resort has been named among the world’s best golf resorts in a prestigious Australian travel magazine.
Luxury Travel and Style magazine has placed Millbrook 3rd in its list of best overseas golf resorts, behind the likes of Scotland’s legendary St Andrews Links and New Zealand’s Kauri Cliffs.
In its fifth annual survey, the magazine says its Gold List 2009 – asking its discerning, travel-loving readers to vote on their favourite destinations – is Australia’s premier luxury travel award.
Tens of thousands of magazine subscribers and clients of Virtuoso, the world’s most exclusive travel agents, completed the survey.
Millbrook has improved on its ranking from last year when it rated fourth.
Four completely new golf holes opened at the end of last month, part of a new ‘Coronet Nine’ course being developed at Millbrook West, a $500 million residential and golf course lifestyle development.
The new holes are being brought into play as four holes from the original Bob Charles-designed 18-hole course are taken out of play for extensive re-configuration and realignment, meaning golfers will play this ‘hybrid’ course for the next 12 months.
The original championship course has already seen the introduction of twenty-eight new bunkers, the remodeling of another seventeen and the removal of sixteen existing traps (all in the opening 14 holes).
The bunker upgrades are stage one of a million dollar golf course modification and come off the back of significant recent resort investment including a $10 million villa interiors refurbishment, refurbishment of the popular Hole In One cafÃ©, and a new world class driving range.
Earlier this year, Millbrook Resort was named among the top 25 hotels in the Asia Pacific region for the fourth time and was one of only seven New Zealand properties to make the list.
Set in a natural alpine amphitheatre on 500 acres, Millbrook has a history of tradition that spans 150 years, luxury accommodation, exceptional dining options and The Spa at Millbrook with leading edge treatments.
For further media inquiries or images please contact:
Mr Kim Carpenter - Director of Sales and Marketing
+64 3 441 7000 extension 7502 or email email@example.com