Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand in the 'Top Hotel category' in TripAdvisors' Traveller's Choice Awards in 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Voted 4th Top Hotel in the South Pacific in the 'Top Hotel category' in TripAdvisors' Traveller's Choice Awards in 2015
- Voted 6th in New Zealand in the 'Romance' and 'Luxury' catergories in TripAdvisors' Traveller's Choice Awards in 2015
- The Millhouse Restaurant awarded with the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Named Oceania's Best Golf Hotel and Best Golf Hotel in New Zealand at Inaugural World Golf Awards 2014
- The 'Ski Barn' at Millbrook's Taramea Square awarded Show home of the Year at NZ Master Builders House of the Year Awards 2014
- Awarded Qualmark Enviro Gold status with Qualmark New Zealand 2014
- Voted 'New Zealand’s Leading Spa Resort’ at the World Travel Awards in 2012, 2013 & 2014
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in August 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand by leading website Wotif.com in 2014
- Voted as ‘Stellar Stay’ in Australia and New Zealand by leading travel website HotelsCombined in 2014
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South PacificTop and 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Wed, 20th Oct 2010
Its official, Millbrook has been confirmed as the leading Golf Resort in Australasia, recently taking out the title at the prestigious World Travel Awards.
The award places Millbrook among the elite golf resorts of the world and is a “tremendous”...more
Thu, 15th Jul 2010
Once again, Millbrook Resort has been named among the best in the world.
Readers of the world’s highest circulating travel magazine, Travel + Leisure, have voted Queenstown’s five-star resort as one of the top 15 resorts in Australasia.
Fri, 25th Jun 2010
Queenstown’s five-star Millbrook Resort has been named on the Top Ten Spa Hotels Worldwide by the internationally-renowned GAYOT.com* ‘guide to the good life’.
Millbrook ranks alongside other exotic destinations in the Caribbean, USA, Thailand and France in the prestigious and...more
Wed, 21st Apr 2010
The Luxury Travel and Style magazine has placed Millbrook 4th in its Gold List of best overseas golf resorts, behind the likes of Scotland’s legendary St Andrews course, Pebble Beach in California and New Zealand’s Kauri Cliffs.
Its survey goes...more