Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in August 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand by leading website Wotif.com in 2014
- Voted as ‘Stellar Stay’ in Australia and New Zealand by leading travel website HotelsCombined in 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards in 2013 and 2014
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in June 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Millbrook recognised as Top 10 Spa Hotel Worldwide
Fri, 25th Jun 2010
Queenstown’s five-star Millbrook Resort has been named on the Top Ten Spa Hotels Worldwide by the internationally-renowned GAYOT.com* ‘guide to the good life’.
Millbrook ranks alongside other exotic destinations in the Caribbean, USA, Thailand and France in the prestigious and internationally renowned professional resource on the very best in dining and travel around the globe.
“As the only spa in Australasia to make it on to the Top 10 Spa Hotels Worldwide list it is a wonderful achievement,” said Millbrook Sales and Marketing Director Kim Carpenter. “It is a reflection on the superb facility and outstanding programmes and therapists that help to distinguish The Spa at Millbrook.”
Millbrook Spa Manager Karen Savery said the spa was proud to be recognised alongside some of the most renowned spa destinations in the world.
“We work hard to ensure our guests receive a complete range of therapeutic and beauty treatments second to none”, she said.
Canyon Ranch in Miami Beach, the Ritz-Carlton in Maui, Utah’s Red Mountain Resort and Spa, China’s Aman Resort in Beijing, and the Six Senses Spa in Thailand are among the other resorts named on the list.
The Spa at Millbrook nestles in the heart of a unique and inviting destination surrounded by spectacular Queenstown lakes and mountains, and is recognised as one of the finest spa facilities in New Zealand.
A whole range of treatments are available, including mineral clays for the skin, through to traditional water therapy massages, as well as body and massage therapies, facials, skincare, hair and make up.
There are day packages for individuals, couples and groups, and professional Millbrook therapists help guests select their best treatment option from a specialised range.
André Gayot launched Gayot.com in 2002, following 45 years of directing sophisticated travelers to the world's best restaurants, hotels, shops, sightseeing and cultural attractions.
Gayot Publications was launched in the US in 1987, and now is one of the USA’s most prestigious independent publishing houses, having expanded to cover hotels, wine, spas, movies, automobiles, cookbooks, fashion, aviation and contemporary culture.
“Gayot.com would like to congratulate everyone at Millbrook for earning the designation on this year’s list for The Top 10 Spa Hotels Worldwide,” said Emily Tsay, Associate Editor of Gayot Publications.
“Only a small group of the finest spa hotels around the world have received this accolade.”
*Note: Gayot pronounced ‘Guy-oh’
For more media information or high resolution images please contact:
Millbrook Sales and Marketing Director
Phone: +64 3 441 7000 extension 7502