Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- Named Oceania's Best Golf Hotel and Best Golf Hotel in New Zealand at Inaugural World Golf Awards 2014
- The 'Ski Barn' at Millbrook's Taramea Square awarded Show home of the Year at NZ Master Builders House of the Year Awards 2014
- Awarded Qualmark Enviro Gold status with Qualmark New Zealand 2014
- Voted 'New Zealand’s Leading Spa Resort’ at the World Travel Awards in 2012, 2013 & 2014
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in August 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand by leading website Wotif.com in 2014
- Voted as ‘Stellar Stay’ in Australia and New Zealand by leading travel website HotelsCombined in 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards in 2013 and 2014
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Millbrook swings Leading Golf Resort
Wed, 20th Oct 2010
Its official, Millbrook has been confirmed as the leading Golf Resort in Australasia, recently taking out the title at the prestigious World Travel Awards.
The award places Millbrook among the elite golf resorts of the world and is a “tremendous” boost to the team behind the resort's recent multi-million dollar investment in the facilities, according to General Manager David Onions.
“The timing's perfect with our new 27-hole course completed with the opening of the final four new holes this Labour Weekend,” said Mr Onions.
Paying tribute to his entire team, Mr Onions said the major revisions to the course had taken golf at Millbrook to another level.
“When considered alongside the extensive refurbishments of our accommodations and new property releases, it's easy to see why the 183,000 travel agents that voted on these awards were so impressed,” he said.
“Millbrook golf course offers some of the very best golfing in New Zealand. It’s set in a beautiful location, with some exceptional holes and outstanding facilities.”
Course designer Greg Turner of Turner Macpherson Golf Design was equally pleased.
“We’re lucky enough to be involved in design projects in some extraordinary places around the world, but none have been more spectacular than Millbrook. It's great to know that our golf facilities are seen to be in-keeping with that splendour.”
Millbrook joins a prestigious list of winners such as Air New Zealand, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast and Tourism New Zealand in the Australasian awards, all of whom now progress to the World Final in London on November 7.
Earlier this year New Zealand Prime Minister John Key officially opened the course and described it as “beautiful” and “a great addition to this high quality resort.”
“It has been tremendous to have the opportunity to play it,” he said.
Golfers have the option to play three separate ‘nines’ - The Remarkables Nine, Coronet Nine and Arrow Nine or a differing combination of the three, where any two out of the three 'nines' can be played together.
For further media information please contact:
+64 3 441 7000 ext 7400