Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- Named Oceania's Best Golf Hotel and Best Golf Hotel in New Zealand at Inaugural World Golf Awards 2014
- The 'Ski Barn' at Millbrook's Taramea Square awarded Show home of the Year at NZ Master Builders House of the Year Awards 2014
- Awarded Qualmark Enviro Gold status with Qualmark New Zealand 2014
- Voted 'New Zealand’s Leading Spa Resort’ at the World Travel Awards in 2014
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in August 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand by leading website Wotif.com in 2014
- Voted as ‘Stellar Stay’ in Australia and New Zealand by leading travel website HotelsCombined in 2014
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards in 2013 and 2014
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in June 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Millbrook voted top resort
Thu, 15th Jul 2010
Once again, Millbrook Resort has been named among the best in the world.
Readers of the world’s highest circulating travel magazine, Travel + Leisure, have voted Queenstown’s five-star resort as one of the top 15 resorts in Australasia.
Millbrook has consistently secured a place in Travel + Leisure’s Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Top 25 Hotels poll over the past five years and was named one of the top 500 hotels of the world in 2005 and 2009.
This year, Millbrook is the only South Island property to make the prestigious list, ranked 15th overall in the best resort category of the magazine’s World’s Best Awards 2009 for Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
Kim Carpenter, Director of Sales & Marketing, said he was pleased with the result.
“It cements Millbrook’s positioning as a premier destination in Australasia, and it’s especially rewarding to know that our guests are continually rating us as a world class resort,” he said. “Our team’s hard work and dedication to exceptional hospitality played a huge role in gaining Travel + Leisure’s recognition.”
Mr Carpenter said it was an exciting time at Millbrook with a multi-million dollar refurbishment starting this month, and the development of a new nine-hole golf course and driving range in progress.
“We’re continually looking at ways to improve the overall experience for our guests which is important in today’s market. You never want to be satisfied with the status quo,” he said.
A long-standing authority in its field, Travel + Leisure has the largest, most affluent audience of any travel magazine with a circulation of almost one million. In the poll, readers were asked to rate resorts on rooms and facilities, location, service, restaurants and food, and value.
Nancy Novogrod, Editor-in-chief of Travel + Leisure, said, “This year’s results reflect our readers’ travel interests in this challenging economic reality—value, intimacy, service, and discovery are top priorities.”
Results of the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards are published in the August magazine and online at www.travelandleisure.com/worldsbest. It also features readers’ favorite hotels, spas, airlines, cruise lines, outfitters, cities and islands around the globe.
Millbrook Resort is set in a natural alpine amphitheatre on 500 acres and features a championship golf course in an inspiring and invigorating location, a history that spans 150 years, luxury accommodation with a French influence, exceptional dining options and The Spa at Millbrook which recently made it onto GAYOT.com’s Top 10 Spa Hotels Worldwide list.
For more media information or high resolution images please contact:
Millbrook Sales and Marketing Director
Phone: +64 3 441 7000 extension 7502