Millbrook Resort opened its doors to the public as a luxury golf and lifestyle resort on 6th March 1993.
With the vision of providing a luxury Country Club environment for everyone, Millbrook has since become one of the leaders in the luxury resort industry in New Zealand and the world.
Over the last 20 years, Millbrook has received a number of awards and accolades, positioning it as one of the leading accommodation, golf, spa, dining, property and resort venues in the world.
Some of the key recognitions Millbrook has won over the years include:
- Voted No 1 Hotel in New Zealand Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards in 2013 and 2014
- Voted Leading Golf Resort in New Zealand at the World Travel Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Best Asia Pacific Golf Course in the Shanghai Travelers’ Club 2013 Luxury Travel Awards
- Voted as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the South Pacific and Top 25 Luxury Hotels in New Zealand in the 2013 Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Voted Best Luxury Wellness Spa for Australasia & Oceania in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013
- The Millhouse was awarded the Wine Spectator Magazine Award for Wine Excellence in June 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron and The Millhouse was awarded the Beef and Lamb Award for Excellence in 2011 and 2012
- Executive Chef, Russell Heron was the New Zealand Beef and Lamb Ambassador in 2010
- Named Best Overseas Golf Resort by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2nd Best in 2012
- Named Fifth Best Hotel within two hours of the city by Luxury Travel Magazine Australia in 2011 and 2012
- Named as one of the Top 25 Hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel and Leisure Magazine in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named one of the World's Best Spas by luxury lifestyle website gayot.com
- The Spa at Millbrook is consistently recommended by Conde Naste Magazine as one of the world's best day spas
Millbrook Resort named Best Golf Resort in Australasia
Wed, 28th Sep 2011
Millbrook named New Zealand and Australasia’s leading golf resort for second year running
Queenstown’s five-star Millbrook Resort has been lauded as New Zealand and Australasia’s leading golf resort at an awards ceremony hailed as ‘the Oscars of the travel industry’.
The multi-award-winning resort has picked up many major accolades in recent months, including being named the ‘World’s Best Golf Resort’ by a prestigious Australian travel magazine in April, and winning this award for the second year in a row.
Millbrook won the latest prestigious titles at the World Travel Awards 2011 Asia & Australasia ceremony held in Bangkok, Thailand earlier this week (Wednesday September 28).
After months of intense voting featuring more than 2,000 organisations, nominees across all divisions were whittled down to an elite few, including tourism heavy hitters such as Raffles Hotels & Resorts, Cathay Pacific, Mandarin Oriental, Qantas Airways and The Ritz Carlton.
Millbrook Director of Golf Brian Spicer said the award placed Millbrook among the elite golf resorts of the world and recognised its highest standards of course design and delivery, as well as Millbrook’s standing as one of the most scenic golf courses in the world.
“Our new 27-hole championship course with three interchangeable nines has been a huge success with visitors and locals alike,” he said.
“People come from all around the world to play at Millbrook and never cease to be amazed by the sheer beauty of the course, surrounded by the mountain ranges of The Remarkables and Coronet Peak, and the dramatic terrain that challenges all levels of players.
“Golfers have the option to play three separate ‘nines’, choosing from The Remarkables Nine, Coronet Nine and Arrow Nine or a differing combination of the three, where any two out of the three 'nines' can be played together.
“The awards reflect the fact that our recent multi-million-dollar investment in the golf course and its outstanding facilities, including our innovative covered driving range converted from a former woolshed, has been recognized by visitors who play some of the best courses around the world.”
Mr Spicer said Millbrook Resort offered some of the very best golfing in New Zealand, located alongside its multi-award-winning boutique hotel with a range of luxury accommodation, an award-winning day spa, conference venues, and range of restaurants.
Millbrook joins a prestigious list of Australasian winners of the World Travel Awards 2011 such as Air New Zealand, the French Polynesian resort of Bora Bora and Sydney’s Sheraton on the Park, all of whom now progress to the World Final in Doha, Qatar on November 29.
Votes are cast globally by industry professionals in over 1,000 different categories.
For further media information please contact:
Director of Golf
+64 3 441 7000 ext 7407
For more information on the World Travel Awards, visit
More about Millbrook
Set in a natural, alpine amphitheatre against a backdrop of snow-capped mountain ranges on the outskirts of world-renowned tourism destination Queenstown, Millbrook was formerly a wheat farm with a 150-year history. It’s retained many heritage features including the original Millhouse, rustic buildings and a majestic avenue of trees.
Millbrook features five-star accommodation, world class dining, the Spa at Millbrook (ranked among the Top Ten in the World), a health and fitness centre, a championship 27-hole golf course, covered driving range, swimming pool, outdoor spa pools, tennis courts and several kilometres of biking and walking trails.
Millbrook’s numerous neighbourhoods range from Butel Villas to 2, 3 and 4 bedroom cottages and luxurious Fairway Homes.
Nearby you can enjoy the gold rush era village of Arrowtown with its many restaurants, museums and shops. Queenstown’s attractions include a wide range of activities, wineries, easy access to five ski areas, great nightlife and award-winning restaurants and bars.